Getting a mail out of the blue that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award made my day. I know that sounds so cliché but it’s a fact. The person who made my day is a fellow blogger. His name is Emilio Marcos Sierra and he runs the 3travelbug blog. He found my hard work worth an incredible recognition. This is my very first nomination so I shall be ending the year 2018 on a high note.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for the blogging community to recognize others for their creativity, individuality, and authenticity. It is given to those bloggers who are working hard and inspiring others to do the same. Support and recognition to the best is the aim of the Sunshine Blogger Award.
The Award is primarily given to new bloggers or bloggers who have made positive impressions in developing their blog. As the name itself gives it away, the Sunshine Blogger Award resonates with bringing a bright new approach to blogging and helping others in the process.
THE RULES OF SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
- Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
These are the questions I was asked by Emilio.
- What is your favorite country that you have visited?
Undoubtedly, the USA. For once, being miles away from my own country I never felt out of place. There are so many people of different ethnicities that one does not feel alone. You become a part of them. Secondly, there is so much to see and do that one holiday is not enough. To cover the entire length and breadth of the country you have to go quite a few times. And every time will be different.
- What’s the number one thing you have learned about blogging?
It’s a lot of hard work and dedication. Many times you will want to give up but pushing yourself is the only way to succeed. You might think blogging is about copy pasting and rewording…that’s entirely bullshit. It’s all about research and your own experiences.
- Are you adventurous with your food choices? Name the most unusual thing you’ve consumed and name something you won’t eat.
Being a mother my food choices are limited to what my kids would like to eat. I like to try different cuisines but haven’t tried anything exotic so far. However, I draw the line at eating insects (Eww!).
- If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
There are many thoughts running through my mind as an answer to this question. But if I am honest to myself I don’t want to do something big. I just want to changes lives for the better in whatever capacity I can.
- Which was the first country you visited?
The first country that I have visited was Bhutan and I was around 6 or 7 years old that time. Most of the memories are hazy but I still remember turning the colorful praying wheels in one of the Buddhist temples. As a child, that was a unique thing to do.
- If you had unlimited money what would you do with it?
This is easy, a world tour and maybe one into the outer space.
- If you could live in one country (other than the one you currently live in) where would it be, and why?
Canada, because with so many Indians there I will not feel alone and far from home.
- Where’s the number one place you haven’t visited yet?
Machu Picchu in Peru. That is one place steeped in history and mystery.
- If there is one thing that you could change about your blog what would it be?
If I could change one thing about my blog it would be a separate blog for each option in my menu. I have so much to write about but in trying to be niche specific other things take a backseat.
- Have you made any real friendships out of blogging?
Yes, most definitely and not just in my niche but others as well. It is a mentally, financially and emotionally fulfilling job.
- What’s the worst experience you have ever had?
I’ve had good and bad experiences but nothing that can be classified as the worst experience. They were mostly situations that could have been handled better.
- Wanda from wandabits, a lifestyle blogger
- Brodie from aussieinwanderlust, a travel blogger.
- Patricia from teacherpreptech, a math education blogger.
- Angela from travellobsters, a family travel, beauty and lifestyle blogger.
- Danielle from mommyof8withcancer, a lifestyle and products review blogger.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- Why did you get into blogging?
- How did you choose your niche?
- Where do you see you blog 3 years from now?
- What’s your favorite book and why?
- Are you a souvenir person? If yes, what do you usually collect from the places you visit?
- Post your favorite picture.
- Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Describe your blog in 5 words.